Quotes by Muwlana Rumi
Ignore those that make you fearful and sad,
that degrade you back towards disease and death."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"Everything in the universe is within you.
Ask all from yourself."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"Where there is ruin,
there is hope for a treasure."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"I want to sing like the bird's sing,
not worrying about who hears or what they think."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent as a guide from beyond."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"Let yourself be drawn by the stronger
pull of that which you truly love."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"Would you become a pilgrim on the road of love?
The first condition is that you make yourself
humble as dust and ashes."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the ground;
there are a thousand ways to go home again."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real.
Then death comes like dawn,
and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"You are not a drop in the ocean.
You are the entire ocean, in a drop."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"Dancing is not just getting up painlessly,
like a leaf blown on the wind;
dancing is when you tear your heart out
and rise out of your body to hang suspended between the worlds."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety.
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.
I have tried prudent planning long enough.
From now on I’ll be mad."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"Why do you stay in prison, when the door is so wide open?"
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"The Prophets accept all agony and trust it.
For the water has never feared the fire."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
"Your depression is connected to your
insolence and refusal to praise."
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
If the foot of the trees were not tied to earth,
they would be pursuing me.
For I have blossomed so much,
I am the envy of the gardens.
~Mawlana-Jalal-ul-din-Rumi
